トップ > ニュース一覧 > 記事
Sabres Trade Deadline Disposition – Jason Zuckerン

Sabres Trade Deadline Disposition – Jason Zucker

Veteran winger Jason Zucker has 18 goals for the Sabres this season. 
Veteran winger Jason Zucker has 18 goals for the Sabres this season.

As the NHL 4 Nation Face-Off moves to Boston and reaches the end of the preliminary round, NHL clubs will begin to ramp up toward the remaining one-third of the regular season on Saturday. The Buffalo Sabres first practice on Tuesday will not be focused on the remaining 28 games on the schedule, but towards the 17-day countdown to the NHL trade deadline.

The Sabres are firmly entrenched in last place in the Eastern Conference, with less than a one percent chance of qualifying for the post-season, and a 9.5% chance of selecting first overall for the third time in seven years. In spite of Sabres GM Kevyn Adams pronouncements of not being a seller before March 7th, the club may be forced to deal off players with expiring contracts such as Jason Zucker, Jordan Greenway, and Henri Jokiharju if they cannot get them signed to team-friendly contract extensions.

"We're not looking to be sellers. There's deals that you have to do for the organization, depending on certain things, but we're trying to add to our team. We want to make our team better," Adams said earlier this month. "I'm approaching this as more of if there are deals out there, we're wide open. We have to be willing to look at everything, especially where we are in the standings, but are there hockey trades to make?"

Zucker has been one of the few players who exceeded expectations this season. The 32-year-old was signed to a one-year, $5 million deal last July after splitting time between Arizona and Nashville, and is currently third behind Tage Thompson and Alex Tuch with 18 goals. Adams indicated that he would like to re-sign the veteran winger and that he spoke to him and his agent during the Sabres recent Western road swing.

"I sat down with Jason in Seattle and just talked about where he's at and where he sees himself fitting in. I like to have those conversations and then actually had a couple hour meeting with his agent in person out there. He reiterated that he thinks that we can do something special here. He wants to be part of it and I reiterated to him that we'd like to keep him and let's try to figure it out.” Adams said. “If we can't, it has to work for both sides, but that's why you start these conversations early, and hopefully we'll be able to work something out, but if we can't, then we'll have to go from there."

If the Sabres cannot get a deal done, they could reap as much as a conditional first-round pick for Zucker if the club retains salary. Although Adams has said that he is looking for players who can play for the club now and not future assets, adding a high draft pick could be used to acquire a player with an existing contract from a club looking to shed cap space.

Follow Michael on X, Instagram, and Bluesky @MikeInBuffalo

続きを読む

Advertisement

Advertisement

あなたにおすすめ
Cardiff to assess Ralls injury
Cardiff to assess Ralls injury
Cardiff City will assess Joe Ralls during the international break after he felt a recurrence of a calf problem during his side's 2-1 win at Blackburn Rovers.
Selena Gomez Gets Decked Out in Fluffy Red Coat and Matching Lipstick, and It's Giving Siren Vibes
Selena Gomez Gets Decked Out in Fluffy Red Coat and Matching Lipstick, and It's Giving Siren Vibes
Erin Walsh/Instagram; Renato Campora/Instagram
Who Is Ashley St. Clair? All About the Woman Who Claims She Welcomed Elon Musk's 13th Child
Who Is Ashley St. Clair? All About the Woman Who Claims She Welcomed Elon Musk's 13th Child
Ashley St. Clair/ X ; Steve Granitz/FilmMagic

Advertisement

Advertisement

Dexus pitches Australia as safe haven, plans A$2 billion asset sale
Dexus pitches Australia as safe haven, plans A$2 billion asset sale
By Byron Kaye and Roshan Thomas
Kevin Spacey tells Guy Pearce to 'grow up'
Kevin Spacey tells Guy Pearce to 'grow up'
Kevin Spacey has told Guy Pearce to "grow up" after the actor claimed he was "targeted" by his former co-star. The 65-year-old actor has taken to social media to hit back at Guy's recent claims, insisting that the 57-year-old star is "not a victim". In a video posted on X, Kevin - who starred alongside Guy in the 1997 movie 'L.A. Confidential' - said: "Guy Pearce, I've now read the comments that you made about me and while I would have preferred not to have to play this out in the media, you obviously have your own reasons for wanting to do exactly that. "But, we worked together a long time ago, you know? If I did something then that upset you, you could've reached out to me. We could've had that conversation. But instead, you've decided to speak to the press, who are now coming after me because they would like to know what my response is to the things that you've said. "You really want to know what my response is? Grow up." Kevin - whose career previously went into freefall after he was accused of sexual misconduct by a number of men - actually recalled spending time with Guy after they filmed 'L.A. Confidential'. He continued: "Did you also, by the way, tell the press that a year after we shot 'L.A. Confidential', you flew to Georgia while I was shooting 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' just to spend time with me?" Kevin also questioned why his former co-star took so long to voice his concerns. The actor - who was acquitted by a jury of sexual assault charges in 2023 - explained: "Here you are now on a mission some 28 years later, after I've been through hell and back, to do what? "I've got nothing to hide. But Guy, you need to grow up. You are not a victim." By contrast, Guy recently claimed that he was "targeted" by his former co-star. The actor told the 'Awards Chatter' podcast: "I was sort of scared of Kevin because he’s quite an aggressive man. "He’s extremely charming and brilliant at what he does - really impressive, etc. He holds a room remarkably. But I was young and susceptible, and he targeted me, no question."
Elon Musk and DOGE promised up to $2 trillion in government savings. How much have they actually saved so far?
Elon Musk and DOGE promised up to $2 trillion in government savings. How much have they actually saved so far?
As the head of President Trump’s new Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), Tesla CEO Elon Musk has vowed to cut between $1 trillion and $2 trillion from the annual federal budget by 2026.

Advertisement

アクセスランキング
Halle Berry wants women to throw menopause parties
Halle Berry wants women to celebrate the menopause by throwing a "shiesta" party. The Hollywood actress, 58, has revealed she will officially enter menopause on March 21 - the date which will mark 12 months since her last period - and she is convinced the date needs to be acknowledged like "every other milestone" in life. According to New York Post column PageSix, Halle explained her ideas during an upcoming appearance on 'The Tamsen Show' podcast, saying: "When a woman realizes that she’s in the menopause - you know, 365 days, and you know you’re in it - it is their duty to give that woman a ‘shiesta’ to celebrate her, like we do every other milestone in our life." Halle went on to confess she thought she would be able to "skip" menopause because she has spent so many years prioritising healthy living. She added: "There was a feeling of: ‘Hey, I can do pretty much anything I want to do if I eat right and exercise, and prioritize my health and well-being'. "I thought whatever menopause is - I don’t know much about it - but I’m sure I’m going to skip it, because I’m too healthy! I’m on top of everything." Halle launched her own wellness platform Respin in 2020, but she recently repurposed it to focus on menopause and women’s health issues. The actress has also been campaigning for more research into the menopause and more funding for treatments. She recently told Women's Health magazine: "As women, we've been told that's it's just what happens when you get older - you just have to white-knuckle it, grin and bear it. Well, no, that's just not good enough." Halle recently revealed she was sent into a spin after a doctor misdiagnosed her perimenopause symptoms as herpes and she then spent 72 hours with her partner Van Hunt playing the "blame game" trying to work out how she had contracted the sexually transmitted infection (STI). During an appearance on 'The Drew Barrymore Show', Halle explained: "I tried to go to the bathroom and I couldn’t go. It was so painful when I tried to let a little bit out. I couldn’t go. It took me almost 10 minutes just to empty my bladder because it was so painful. "Substances were down there that I had never seen before. And I thought, ‘What is this?’” After seeing a doctor, she was diagnosed with a "really bad case of herpes", and Halle added: "We spend the next 72 hours doing the blame game, trying to figure out who gave it to me, who gave it to him. And then a couple of hours after that, my doctor called me and said, ‘You do not have herpes'." Halle went on to do some research and discovered her symptoms were linked to perimenopause - which hits prior to menopause.
Halle Berry wants women to throw menopause parties
Analysis-Italy looks to foreigners as retail bond market loses steam
By Sara Rossi
Analysis-Italy looks to foreigners as retail bond market loses steam
Justin Baldoni's attorney addresses potential settlement with Blake Lively
Justin Baldoni's attorney insisted they may not be open to a settlement with Blake Lively. The actress, 36, and 49-year-old filmmaker have been embroiled in a bitter labyrinthine legal dispute for months after she accused him of harassment while they made domestic abuse movie ‘It Ends With Us’. Appearing on Matthew Belloni's podcast 'The Town', Baldoni's lawyer Bryan Freedman was asked "what it would require for this to go away", as he referred to the "potential for the circus and the damage to both sides". But Freedman argued: "You keep referring to it as a circus and I get it. You see a lot of cases. "You see a lot of things, but the reality is this is not a circus when you go through an experience like this. "I’ve represented a lot of people in the worst moments of their career, the worst moments of their life. Justin has been destroyed by this." Freedman suggested "the only way" to really attempt to prove his client's innocence could be in court. He continued: "In this day and age, the only way that you can truly get back is to prove your innocence and that’s what we’re actively working to [do]. "That may only be able to be done in a courtroom." Justin, 41, completed filming on 'It Ends With Us' in early 2024 and started a press tour in August, and after fans noted Blake did not participate in interviews with him or attend the film’s premiere. Blake then filed a sexual harassment complaint against Justin – alleging that he and his agents conducted a smear campaign against her. Her lawsuit against him is set to go to trial in March 2026, following her initial filing in New York Federal Court. Blake - who played Justin's on-screen love interest in the movie - previously told the New York Times newspaper: "I hope that my legal action helps pull back the curtain on these sinister retaliatory tactics to harm people who speak up about misconduct and helps protect others who may be targeted." Justin - who also directed the 2024 romantic drama film - has denied the allegations, with his lawyer describing the claims as "categorically false". Bryan, who is acting as a lawyer for the actor and his Wayfarer Studios production company, told Variety: "These claims are completely false, outrageous and intentionally salacious with an intent to publicly hurt and rehash a narrative in the media."
Justin Baldoni's attorney addresses potential settlement with Blake Lively
‘Court of Gold’ Director on Making Kevin Durant Cry, Getting Kicked Out of Serbia’s Locker Room and Interviewing 7’3” Victor Wembanyama on a Stool
Not many people can say they’ve been kicked out of a locker room at the Olympics or have made NBA superstar Kevin Durant cry, but director Jake Rogal got an all-access pass to the Paris Summer Olympic Games for Netflix’s basketball documentary “Court of Gold.”
‘Court of Gold’ Director on Making Kevin Durant Cry, Getting Kicked Out of Serbia’s Locker Room and Interviewing 7’3” Victor Wembanyama on a Stool
Doechii Transforms Into a Couture Queen in Hot off the Runway Valentino Gown
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty
Doechii Transforms Into a Couture Queen in Hot off the Runway Valentino Gown
Courtroom Erupts As A$AP Rocky Is Found Not Guilty On Charges Related To 2021 Hollywood Shooting; Rapper Leaps Into Crowd To Hug Rihanna – Update
UPDATE, 5:03 PM (LA DA Statement added) A$AP Rocky was found not guilty of assault today in a 2021 shooting incident in Hollywood. When the verdicts were read the courtroom erupted in cheers and the rapper literally leapt into the crowd to hug superstar girlfriend Rihanna.
Courtroom Erupts As A$AP Rocky Is Found Not Guilty On Charges Related To 2021 Hollywood Shooting; Rapper Leaps Into Crowd To Hug Rihanna – Update
These are the 10 happiest cities in America, according to new research
These are the 10 happiest cities in America, according to new research
Vin Diesel Hints At Groot Spinoff Movie Based On Marvel’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Character: “Disney Wants Their Planet X”
Vin Diesel gave a recap on what he’s working on in 2025 and hinted that he might reprise his role as Groot from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Vin Diesel Hints At Groot Spinoff Movie Based On Marvel’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Character: “Disney Wants Their Planet X”
Mets, Yankees and Dodgers camp storylines & U26 power rankings (teams 30-26) | Baseball Bar-B-Cast
Jake Mintz and Jordan Shusterman are both fully entrenched in Spring training camps in Florida and Arizona, respectively. Mintz shares what he learned and witnessed in Juan Soto's arrival at Mets camp. Shusterman describes the fever pitch atmosphere at Dodgers camp and the two discuss the latest drama surrounding Yankees camp. The two also unveil teams 30-26 in their U26 power rankings and play a fun NRI trivia game to end the pod.
Mets, Yankees and Dodgers camp storylines & U26 power rankings (teams 30-26) | Baseball Bar-B-Cast
‘Daredevil: Born Again’ Directors Break Down That One-Take Hallway Fight — And Why It Looks So Different From Previous Seasons
Note: This story contains spoilers from “Daredevil: Born Again” Episode 1.
‘Daredevil: Born Again’ Directors Break Down That One-Take Hallway Fight — And Why It Looks So Different From Previous Seasons
3 Teens Killed in New Jersey Highway Chain-Reaction Crash: 'It’s an Immense Loss'
BOUCHER FUNERAL HOME; Brenden Cary/Facebook
3 Teens Killed in New Jersey Highway Chain-Reaction Crash: 'It’s an Immense Loss'
ABC’s TGIF Creator Clarifies Acronym Didn’t Stand For “Thank God It’s Friday”
ABC’s TGIF programming block had viewers hoping for Friday nights to watch their favorite sitcom.
ABC’s TGIF Creator Clarifies Acronym Didn’t Stand For “Thank God It’s Friday”
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston Will Reopen Wednesday After Brief Closure
"Hearst Magazines and Yahoo may earn commission or revenue on some items through these links."
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston Will Reopen Wednesday After Brief Closure
Winnipeg importer says food prices will rise as U.S. tariffs cause trouble for farmers, consumers
A Winnipeg food importer and distributor says the cost of food brought in from every part of the world will go up for Canadian consumers and businesses in the wake of U.S. Donald Trump's 25 per cent tariffs.
Winnipeg importer says food prices will rise as U.S. tariffs cause trouble for farmers, consumers
These are the Canadian sectors most vulnerable to Trump tariffs, according to Desjardins
A new Desjardins report says there are five sectors of the Canadian economy that are most vulnerable to incoming U.S. President Donald Trump's proposed tariffs, with exemptions expected for the energy and automotive sectors. "With Trump set to take office on Jan. 20, Canadian companies are rightly highly concerned. Some should be more worried than others," Desjardins principal economist Florence Jean-Jacobs wrote in a report released on Friday.
These are the Canadian sectors most vulnerable to Trump tariffs, according to Desjardins
'I don't see 25% sticking': BMO chief investment officer on Trump's tariff plan
U.S. President Donald Trump’s plan to hit Canada with an up to 25 per cent trade tariff on Feb. 1 boils down to a classic dealmaking tactic, according to the chief investment officer of one of Canada’s largest lenders. Bank of Montreal’s Sadiq Adatia predicts tariffs at that level are unlikely to last long, if they’re imposed at all.
'I don't see 25% sticking': BMO chief investment officer on Trump's tariff plan
Stars Goaltender Gets The Nod For Team USA Against Sweden
Dallas Stars goaltender Jake Oettinger will finally get his chance tonight, as he will get the start for the United States in one last warmup before their Championship Final on Thursday. Oettinger has been sidelined for the first two games due to the USA sticking with their start, Connor Hellebuyck. The Dallas goaltender will be tasked with stopping Sweden, who has the lowest goals forced out of the four teams showcased at the NHL Face-Off.
Stars Goaltender Gets The Nod For Team USA Against Sweden
Brantford And Oshawa Become First Eastern Conference Teams To Clinch Playoff Spots
Oshawa and Brantford became the first Eastern Conference teams to clinch playoff spots. While many expected Oshawa to be one of the top teams this year, Brantford comes as a bit of a surprise.
Brantford And Oshawa Become First Eastern Conference Teams To Clinch Playoff Spots
Canadian oil and gas stocks: Scotiabank flags 'buying opportunity' amid Trump tariff threat
Scotiabank Global Equity Research predicted U.S. President Donald Trump’s 10 per cent tariff on all energy imports from Canada, due to go into effect Tuesday, would be short-lived, as higher energy costs pinch American consumers. On Monday afternoon, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the U.S. has agreed to pause tariffs on Canada for at least 30 days.
Canadian oil and gas stocks: Scotiabank flags 'buying opportunity' amid Trump tariff threat
No. 22 Texas A&M stuns No. 1 Auburn in historic upset ahead of SEC tournament
Texas A&M isn’t done just yet.
No. 22 Texas A&M stuns No. 1 Auburn in historic upset ahead of SEC tournament

Advertisement