トップ > ニュース一覧 > 記事
Dexus pitches Australia as safe haven, plans A$2 billion asset saleン
Dexus pitches Australia as safe haven, plans A$2 billion asset sale
FILE PHOTO: Workers construct scaffolding as new home is built in Greenhills Beach suburb in Sydney · Reuters

In This Article:

By Byron Kaye and Roshan Thomas

(Reuters) - Dexus, Australia's largest office landlord, on Tuesday pitched the country as a safe harbour for investors amid geopolitical uncertainty, as it aims to sell A$2 billion of assets in three years in a faltering commercial property market.

The Sydney-listed company said it had completed a quarter of its divestment plan, as it reported a 13.9% drop in adjusted funds from operations — its preferred performance metric — for the six-month period ended December 31.

Three years of high interest rates and the impact of incentives - strategies office landlords use to lure or retain tenants - contributed to the earnings decline. However, the company said that anticipated rate cuts and stabilising office demand should slow the earnings downturn.

"The market is, from an investment point of view, kind of bottoming," said Dexus CEO Ross Du Vernet in an interview.

"Investors have had a lot of reason to sit on the sidelines the past few years (but) some certainty of the rate cycle turning, as seen in a rate cut, will be important," he added.

Du Vernet said he expects Australia to benefit from inbound and domestic mergers and acquisitions demand, as trade and regulatory upheaval spearheaded by U.S. President Donald Trump fuelled uncertainty in markets around the world.

"Within that global investment universe of uncertainty, Australia is actually pretty well-positioned (due to) diversification in our economy, strong population growth, our geographical remoteness in some respects, rule of law and stability in government," he said.

Shares of Dexus were down 0.8% by mid-session trade, against a slightly weaker overall market.

Despite the decline in adjusted funds from operations (AFFO), Dexus swung back to a profit of A$10.3 million for the half year, bouncing back from a A$597.2 million loss in the previous corresponding period, citing lower fair valuation losses.

Dexus declared an interim distribution of 19 Australian cents per security and reaffirmed its AFFO outlook for the full financial year ending in June, expecting between 44.5 and 45.5 Australian cents per share, down from 48 cents last year.

($1 = 1.5741 Australian dollars)

(Reporting by Roshan Thomas in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)

続きを読む

Advertisement

Advertisement

あなたにおすすめ
NHL Fantasy Hockey Waiver Wire Goalie Pickups March 4 - Knight The Man in Net in the Windy City
NHL Fantasy Hockey Waiver Wire Goalie Pickups March 4 - Knight The Man in Net in the Windy City
On every game day this season, THN Fantasy will highlight players and goalies for fantasy managers to stream or roster for the rest of the season. The recommended players and goalies are rostered in less than 50 percent of Yahoo leagues and can be selected in standard fantasy leagues or for daily fantasy games
Tesla Selloff Deepens With Stock Down 15%. One Analyst Sees a Serious Sales Slowdown
Tesla Selloff Deepens With Stock Down 15%. One Analyst Sees a Serious Sales Slowdown
Tesla stock has been struggling lately. Investors have hoped for a bounce as some of the politics driving increased uncertainty subsides. A rebound, however, didn’t materialize Monday as investors considered the possibility of a recession and a Wall Street analyst cut his forecast of deliveries.
Police arrest suspect in 2021 killing of young man in Lowertown
Police arrest suspect in 2021 killing of young man in Lowertown
Ottawa police have arrested and charged Haybe Farhan Aden in a 2021 killing in Ottawa's Lowertown neighbourhood, police say.

Advertisement

Advertisement

‘Richard II’ Review: Jonathan Bailey Shows Off His Shakespearean Chops in a Stern, Stripped-Down Production
‘Richard II’ Review: Jonathan Bailey Shows Off His Shakespearean Chops in a Stern, Stripped-Down Production
“Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it.” OK, that’s the wrong play since it’s a line from “Macbeth,” but it best sums up Jonathan Bailey’s performance in the new London production of “Richard II”: The actor cranks up several gears the moment his character is forced by usurper Henry Bullingbrook to give up the throne of England for a life of imprisonment in the second half of director Nicholas Hytner’s staging of Shakespeare’s history play. But the fact that Bailey takes time to catch fire is not entirely his fault, since neither Shakespeare nor Hytner make life easy for him. Given that the play is set at the close of the 14th century, it’s no surprise that Hytner believes the play, which depicts the ushering in of a nation’s decades-long succession crisis, needs contemporary reference points. That explains composer Grant Olding’s doom-laden, grinding, low strings that herald a driving rhythm and a light-touch, bitter piano melody opening the production, a clear hat-tip to Nicholas Britell’s Beethoven-tinged theme to “Succession.” It also governs Bob Crowley’s crisp men-in-black-suits design. The antithesis of the exuberantly colored “Guys and Dolls,” the last show to play at Hytner’s physically versatile Bridge Theatre (and which ran almost two years), this limited run of “Richard II” is stripped-down and stern. Gone is the expected heraldry and splendor of the English court in which King Richard traditionally basks. Instead, the audience is arranged in the round observing a traverse-style black runway staging with changing, minimal locations being lifted up through the floor on hydraulics. It makes for welcome fluidity, highly useful in a play that, for the first half at least, moves through an uncomfortable number of locations and a load of exposition.This is a story about the threat to the kingdom and, specifically, Richard, who ruled neither wisely nor well with absolute power by ancient Divine Right. The nation is torn apart by the plots and counterplots of men and their forces loyal to the crown and those backing Henry Bullingbrook, the Duke of Hereford who, successfully as it turns out, puts his eyes on the ultimate prize and steals it.That the tussle for dominance between the men is so potentially dramatic is illustrated by the fact that around fifty years ago, Richard Pasco and Ian Richardson, two leading Shakespeareans of their day, alternated the roles when they led the play in a celebrated RSC production. Here, alas, the balance is uneven. Royce Pierreson is nicely forthright and determined but his performance is unvarying. The wonderfully character-driven abdication scene between the two men is the production’s highpoint, but elsewhere Pierreson’s determination is too one-note. Anyone questioning the wisdom of the star-casting of “Bridgerton” and “Wicked” talent Bailey should bear in mind that he played Cassio in Hytner’s riveting “Othello” at the National Theatre back in 2013 and followed that with an arresting Edgar/Mad Tom opposite Ian McKellen’s King Lear for director Jonathan Munby. As a result, his handling of the language and, crucially, the intent behind it, is entirely easeful. His king is self-satisfied and perfectly petulant, dispatching orders, and often men’s lives, with gleaming disdain. He’s even better when he’s calmly and quietly coming to understand himself and the nature of his previous selfishness in the play’s highly reflective and tender final scenes.But between those extremes of temperament, the living center of the character remains unseen, robbing the production of strength. That’s partly because he has to energize scenes that here lack force. Hytner is unquestionably one of the great directors of Shakespeare, but this production is uncharacteristically undercast in places. Some of the acting proves more proficient than powerful.
Analysis-Whisper it and it's back: Recession risk creeps onto markets' radar
Analysis-Whisper it and it's back: Recession risk creeps onto markets' radar
By Dhara Ranasinghe, Alun John and Samuel Indyk
Britain's Airport Coordination beats Qantas-Virgin JV to manage slots in Sydney
Britain's Airport Coordination beats Qantas-Virgin JV to manage slots in Sydney
By Nikita Maria Jino

Advertisement

アクセスランキング
Millennials Are Moving To 5 Surprising States for Affordable Housing
Millennials Are Moving To 5 Surprising States for Affordable Housing
Milei Denies Wrongdoing in His First Defense of Crypto Debacle
(Bloomberg) -- President Javier Milei spoke out for the first time about a cryptocurrency scandal that’s dented his reputation in Argentina, triggering lawsuits and even calls for his impeachment.
Milei Denies Wrongdoing in His First Defense of Crypto Debacle
“The Lincoln Lawyer” Season 4: Everything We Know So Far About the Netflix Drama's Next Installment — Including Mickey's 'Biggest Challenge' Yet
Lara Solanki/Netflix© 2024
“The Lincoln Lawyer” Season 4: Everything We Know So Far About the Netflix Drama's Next Installment — Including Mickey's 'Biggest Challenge' Yet
Gypsy-Rose Blanchard Says 'a Whole New World Is About to Open Up' as She Counts Down End of Parole Over Mom's Murder (Exclusive)
Gypsy-Rose Blanchard/Instagram
Gypsy-Rose Blanchard Says 'a Whole New World Is About to Open Up' as She Counts Down End of Parole Over Mom's Murder (Exclusive)
'Significant upside': Jefferies joins a growing crowd covering Equitable Bank
Highlighting the “prospect of outsized growth at a discounted valuation,” Jefferies Financial Group initiated coverage of Equitable Bank and EQ Bank parent EQB (EQB.TO) on Thursday, adding its “Buy” rating to a largely positive analyst outlook for the stock.
'Significant upside': Jefferies joins a growing crowd covering Equitable Bank
LG Kicks Off Roadshows for $1.5 Billion India IPO
(Bloomberg) -- Follow Bloomberg India on WhatsApp for exclusive content and analysis on what billionaires, businesses and markets are doing. Sign up here.
LG Kicks Off Roadshows for $1.5 Billion India IPO
Hulu’s Bumpy Oscar Night: Streaming Experts Unpack The Glitches And Assess The Impact On Disney’s Service
Sunday night’s Oscar telecast started and ended with indelible moments: a stirring Wicked duet and a climactic pair of wins by Anora.
Hulu’s Bumpy Oscar Night: Streaming Experts Unpack The Glitches And Assess The Impact On Disney’s Service
Hong Kong stocks at a three-year high on China outlook
By Tom Westbrook
Hong Kong stocks at a three-year high on China outlook
No. 22 Texas A&M stuns No. 1 Auburn in historic upset ahead of SEC tournament
Texas A&M isn’t done just yet.
No. 22 Texas A&M stuns No. 1 Auburn in historic upset ahead of SEC tournament
These are the Canadian sectors most vulnerable to Trump tariffs, according to Desjardins
A new Desjardins report says there are five sectors of the Canadian economy that are most vulnerable to incoming U.S. President Donald Trump's proposed tariffs, with exemptions expected for the energy and automotive sectors. "With Trump set to take office on Jan. 20, Canadian companies are rightly highly concerned. Some should be more worried than others," Desjardins principal economist Florence Jean-Jacobs wrote in a report released on Friday.
These are the Canadian sectors most vulnerable to Trump tariffs, according to Desjardins
Matthew Tkachuk's Mysterious Injury Gives Chris Kreider An Opportunity
Chris Kreider is set to make his 4 Nations Face-Off debut on Monday night with Matthew Tkachuk out with an unidentified injury.
Matthew Tkachuk's Mysterious Injury Gives Chris Kreider An Opportunity
Jack LaFontaine Picks Up ECHL Weekly Honor
Kansas City Mavericks goaltender Jack LaFontaine had a flawless week in net, going 3-0-0 including a shutout.
Jack LaFontaine Picks Up ECHL Weekly Honor
Canada must appeal directly to U.S. consumers on tariffs, stop 'trying to appease' Trump: Scotia economist
Canada needs to "take the fight" over tariffs directly to U.S. consumers and businesses and forget about "hopelessly trying to appease” U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration, Scotiabank’s head of capital markets economics says.
Canada must appeal directly to U.S. consumers on tariffs, stop 'trying to appease' Trump: Scotia economist
University of Windsor students speak out against job cuts amid $30M budget shortfall
More than 150 students, staff and faculty members marched the streets near the University of Windsor Tuesday morning to protest recent job cuts and service changes at the school.
University of Windsor students speak out against job cuts amid $30M budget shortfall
Trump, Putin Teams to Talk in Saudi on Ukraine as Europe Fumes
(Bloomberg) -- Top US and Russian officials are to meet in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday to discuss how to end the war in Ukraine, without anyone from Kyiv taking part and as Europe struggles to respond to the rapid pace of events.
Trump, Putin Teams to Talk in Saudi on Ukraine as Europe Fumes
Eric Stonestreet Set to Take Turn to the Dark Side with a Major Arc on “Dexter: Resurrection”
Nathan Congleton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty
Eric Stonestreet Set to Take Turn to the Dark Side with a Major Arc on “Dexter: Resurrection”
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
By Joanna Plucinska and Andres Gonzalez
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
Cyclone Alfred targets millions in Australia, first in decades
The South Pacific is on high alert as Cyclone Alfred makes an unprecedented U-turn towards Brisbane, Australia's third-largest city.
Cyclone Alfred targets millions in Australia, first in decades
Angela Bassett felt 'lots of joy' when her kids went to college
Angela Bassett didn't shed any tears when she dropped her kids off at college. The 66-year-old actress has revealed that she felt "lots of joy" when she dropped her 19-year-old twins, Bronwyn and Slater, off at their new school. The award-winning star - who has been married to actor Courtney B. Vance since 1997 - told the 'Today' show: "You know what, no tears. Just lots of joy. "You think you're going to cry, and because you think you are going to do that, it doesn't happen. I remember when I went to college and how wonderful it was, so, of course, I wanted that for them too, so no cries, no guilt." Angela previously insisted that she will support her kids if they follow her into the movie business. The Hollywood star revealed that she will always support her children - irrespective of what they do in their careers. Speaking about her kids' interests, Angela explained to PEOPLE: "They want to follow the success, but whether it be acting, I don't get any clues to that right now. It's a little music, a little sports. But whatever they want to do, I support them." Angela previously won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever', and the movie star revealed that she celebrated her success with her kids. The acclaimed actress - who has won a host of awards during her career, including a Primetime Emmy Award and two Golden Globe Awards - said: "I went home and hugged my kids. They were really excited for mom to bring home a statue."
Angela Bassett felt 'lots of joy' when her kids went to college
Trump backs latest Canada, Mexico tariffs and preps markets for 'a little disturbance' during first address to Congress
Donald Trump stood behind his ambitious tariff plans, lavished praise on Elon Musk's controversial DOGE effort, vowed to end a Biden-era chips subsidy law, and pledged to look for rare earth minerals in the US during a 90-minute joint address to Congress Tuesday night.
Trump backs latest Canada, Mexico tariffs and preps markets for 'a little disturbance' during first address to Congress

Advertisement