トップ > ニュース一覧 > 記事
New Video Shows Missing College Student Shortly Before She Vanished on Spring Break in Punta Canaン

New Video Shows Missing College Student Shortly Before She Vanished on Spring Break in Punta Cana

Surveillance footage shows Sudiksha Konanki with an unidentified man and two women, leaving a hotel lobby on Thursday, March 6 at 4:15 a.m.

Sudiksha Konanki/Facebook Sudiksha Konanki

Sudiksha Konanki/Facebook

Sudiksha Konanki

New surveillance footage of Sudiksha Konanki shows the missing college student just before she vanished during her spring break trip.

Konanki, a 20-year-old University of Pittsburgh student, went missing on Thursday, March 6, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, while on spring break with friends.

In a new video, taken at 4:15 a.m. local time on March 6, Konanki is seen leaving the RIU Hotels and Resorts lobby with three other people. She is arm-in-arm with a man while two women trail behind them as they exit the building, CNN reports.

The Dominican Republic National Police previously stated that surveillance cameras captured footage of Sudiksha and “the young foreigners who accompanied her” about “a few meters from entering the beach area” around 4:15 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Loudon County Sheriff’s Office said that before her disappearance, Sudkisha was reportedly with five female college friends at a resort. Meanwhile, her father, Subbarayudu Konanki, told CNN that his daughter went to the beach on March 6 "with friends and some other guys they met at the resort.”

Related: What Happened to College Student Who Vanished on Spring Break Trip in the Dominican Republic? What We Know So Far

AP Photo/Francesco Spotorno A member of civil defense canine unit searches for Sudiksha Konanki, a university student from the U.S. who disappeared on a beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Monday, March. 10, 2025.

AP Photo/Francesco Spotorno

A member of civil defense canine unit searches for Sudiksha Konanki, a university student from the U.S. who disappeared on a beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Monday, March. 10, 2025.

Subbarayudu told CNN that “her friends came back after some time and my daughter did not come back, did not show up from the beach.” Additionally, two police sources told ABC News that the other women who were with Sudiksha returned to their hotel around 5:55 a.m.

Sudiksha is believed to have stayed behind with a man, according to a local police source, per CNN. Surveillance footage captures the man leaving the beach around 9:55 a.m., but Sudiksha was nowhere to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Dominican Republic National Police said in its March 9 statement that the young man who was with Sudiksha when she entered the beach “is under investigation.”

Authorities said they were interviewing several people, “mainly the companions of the missing young woman, whose names are being withheld, in order to establish the exact location of the maritime search and its surroundings.”

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.          

Facebook Sudiksha Konanki

Facebook

Sudiksha Konanki

Related: FBI Joins Search for College Student Who Went Missing on Spring Break Trip in the Dominican Republic

Sudkisha's father told WTOP-FM on Monday, March 10, that “it’s [been] four days, and if she was in water, she would likely have been strewn to shore.” Adding, “She’s not found, so we’re asking them to investigate multiple options, like kidnapping or abduction.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Sources close to the investigation told ABC News that Sudkisha's clothes were found on the beach where she went missing.

Authorities have used drones, helicopters and detection dogs to search the waters near the area she was last seen, Jensen Sánchez, a Civil Defense spokesman, told The Associated Press on Tuesday, March 11.

“The search is underway at sea because it’s presumed she drowned. According to the boy who was with her, the waves swept her away, but that is under police investigation,” he said. Sánchez said it could take over a week for a body to surface in warm waters.

Since the initial report, U.S. and local law enforcement have been investigating the missing persons case. The FBI and U.S. Embassy International Liaison have joined in the investigation, per Tuesday, March 11 reports. The Embassy of India in the Dominican Republic is also involved. Sudiksha is a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Chantilly, Va.

Although the investigation is underway, no one has been charged or accused of a crime.

Read the original article on People

続きを読む

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

アクセスランキング
‘Mother’s Baby’ Review: A Paranoid Postpartum Thriller That Very Nearly Delivers
Johanna Moder’s latest — the thrilling, paranoid, bleakly comedic “Mother’s Baby” — is crafted with masterful tonal control for much of its runtime. It comes achingly close to sticking the landing, undone only in its final minutes by a handful of decisions that rob it of its crucial power: its ability to exist within the chilling unknowns of postpartum depression.
‘Mother’s Baby’ Review: A Paranoid Postpartum Thriller That Very Nearly Delivers
What should the Jets do at QB? Assessing the biggest needs for all 16 AFC teams | Football 301
Nate Tice and Matt Harmon are back to break down the biggest needs for every single AFC team. But first, they debut a new segment as we approach the NFL Draft and focus on Arizona WR Tet McMillan. Then they pivot to the AFC East, where they question what the New York Jets plan to do at quarterback after the team announced they are parting ways with Aaron Rodgers. After that, the guys discuss the AFC North, diving into the biggest needs for the Cincinnati Bengals to place around Joe Burrow and the Steelers quarterback conundrum. Nate and Matt wrap things up with the AFC South and West, asking why the Jacksonville Jaguars still don’t have a general manager and suggesting free agent QB Sam Darnold as a good fit for the Las Vegas Raiders.
What should the Jets do at QB? Assessing the biggest needs for all 16 AFC teams | Football 301
Olivia Munn pays heartwarming tribute to late agent Tony Etz
Olivia Munn is heartbroken after the death of her literary agent Tony Etz. The 'Newsroom' star has paid tribute to her agent, who died on Monday (10.03.25) aged 64 after battling Chordoma, a rare form of bone cancer. She wrote on her Instagram Story: "This makes me incredibly sad. This is my literary agent who passed away from cancer yesterday; but that's not how he deserves to be remembered. "He should be remembered as one of the good guys in our business. They didn't get better and kinder than Tony. "Rest in love, my friend. My thoughts are with his sweet family." In a second post, Olivia - who previously battled breast cancer - simply added: "We all love you, Tony. F*** CANCER." Tony spent three decades at the Creative Artists Agency (CAA), with his career seeing him represent several directors, actors, producers and writers, while he was also involved in shows like 'Grey's Anatomy', 'House' and 'Jackass'. Almost two years ago, he requested to write his own obituary, and summed up his career in two lines. As quoted by Deadline, he said: "Over 30 years as a packaging agent, I was foundational in the sale of 'Jackass', 'House', 'Lost', 'Rescue Me', 'Big Little Lies', 'Jury Duty' and 'Tracker' and dozens of other shows. “And I have been a proud citizen of the best city state in the business.” He married fellow TV agent Nancy Etz in 1999 during her time at ICM, and she would join him at CAA seven years later, while they went onto have son Alex together. In a tribute, Peter Tolan - who co-created 'Rescue Me' and 'The Job' - hailed him as "deeply mourned" and "irreplaceable". He added: "He defended those of us who were fortunate enough to be his clients with a ferocity most of our own mothers would be unable to duplicate.” While longtime client Paul Attanasio said: "He had the sensitivity to understand what was unique to me (which I would constantly doubt) but then the breadth of vision to understand how that fit in the larger world (which I didn’t understand at all). "That was the secret ingredient in whatever I was able to accomplish in television. I couldn’t have done it without him.”
Olivia Munn pays heartwarming tribute to late agent Tony Etz
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
By Joanna Plucinska and Andres Gonzalez
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
Trump’s Trade War Expands as Metal Tariffs Spur EU Retaliation
(Bloomberg) -- Supply Lines is a daily newsletter that tracks global trade. Sign up here.
Trump’s Trade War Expands as Metal Tariffs Spur EU Retaliation
Australian central bank cuts benchmark interest rate for the first time since October 2020
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Australia’s central bank on Tuesday reduced its benchmark interest rate for the first time since October 2020 as the nation’s inflation cools.
Australian central bank cuts benchmark interest rate for the first time since October 2020
HSBC axes 40 dealmakers in Hong Kong as part of revamp to cut costs, source says
By Selena Li and Scott Murdoch
HSBC axes 40 dealmakers in Hong Kong as part of revamp to cut costs, source says
Jack Whitehall teases 'really big night' at the BRITs
Jack Whitehall is planning "a really big night" for his BRITs return. The 36-year-old comedian is set to host the awards show for the fifth time in his career on March 1, and Jack is thrilled that he has another chance to host the annual event. Speaking to The Sun newspaper's Bizarre column, Jack explained: "The last show I did was in 2021, which had a fair few restrictions due to COVID. "So it always felt like, due to circumstances beyond my control, I’d maybe gone out with a little bit of a whimper. "I think the Brits 2025 is going to make up for that and be a really big night. "When I first started out I was just like ‘Jack, don’t mess this up. This is such a big opportunity’. You don’t want to say the wrong thing and insult someone and then get taken off air. Then I got to a point where I was like, ‘It’s probably best now to not outstay my welcome’. And now, here I am, back again." Jack previously admitted that he can't wait to return to the role of host, describing the BRITs as his "favourite night of the year". The stand-up comedy star said: "They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and that is absolutely the case with the BRIT Awards. It is my favourite night of the year." Jack hasn't been available to host the show in recent years due to his jam-packed work schedule. But he's now available and he's thrilled to be hosting the event once again. An insider previously told The Sun newspaper: "Jack is such a brilliant BRITs host and isn’t afraid to take the p*** out of some of the world’s biggest stars. "He has such a hectic diary that he’s been unable to take part for the past few years. But he was available this time and said yes immediately. It is one of his favourite gigs as he can have some real fun with the celebs."
Jack Whitehall teases 'really big night' at the BRITs
Avs Superstar Leads Canada To Crucial 4 Nations Face-Off Win, Sets Up Showdown With America
The Canadian team at the 4 Nations Face-Off faced a must-win scenario against Team Finland Monday afternoon in Boston -- and under intense pressure, the Canadians emerged with a 5-3 victory to set up a championship showdown agaist Team U.S.A. Thursday. But the win wouldn't have happened were it not for another terrific game from Colorado Avalanche superstar Nathan MacKinnon; the Canadian forward had a two-goal performance against the Finns, and he and linemate Sidney Crosby made magic once again.
Avs Superstar Leads Canada To Crucial 4 Nations Face-Off Win, Sets Up Showdown With America
Donald Trump Says He’s Received Letter From Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky Saying He’s Ready To Negotiate Peace Deal With Russia — Update
UPDATE: Five days after the blowup in the Oval Office, Donald Trump said that he had received a letter from Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky saying that he is “ready to come to the negotiating table as soon as possible.”
Donald Trump Says He’s Received Letter From Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky Saying He’s Ready To Negotiate Peace Deal With Russia — Update
Hershey Bears Forward Hendrix Lapierre Named AHL Player Of The Week
Hershey Bears forward Hendrix Lapierre has been named AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 16.
Hershey Bears Forward Hendrix Lapierre Named AHL Player Of The Week
‘Peter Hujar’s Day’ Releases First Look Following Sundance Sale
Following the film’s Sundance premiere and sale to Sideshow and Janus Films, “Peter Hujar’s Day” has released a first look.
‘Peter Hujar’s Day’ Releases First Look Following Sundance Sale
‘The Rookie’ Star Jenna Dewan on Having Real-Life Fiancé Steve Kazee Play Her Abusive Ex and Touring With ‘Idol’ Janet Jackson
SPOILER ALERT: This interview contains spoilers from “The Mickey,” the Season 7, Episode 7 of ABC’s “The Rookie.”
‘The Rookie’ Star Jenna Dewan on Having Real-Life Fiancé Steve Kazee Play Her Abusive Ex and Touring With ‘Idol’ Janet Jackson
Canadian Natural Resources, MEG Energy stocks rally as Trump spares Canada from Day 1 tariffs
Shares of Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ.TO)(CNQ) and MEG Energy (MEG.TO) rallied on Monday, after U.S. President Donald Trump’s slate of inaugural policies did not directly target Canadian oil and gas.
Canadian Natural Resources, MEG Energy stocks rally as Trump spares Canada from Day 1 tariffs
Kings Rolling the Dice on Goaltending - A Risky Deadline Decision
The Los Angeles Kings have recently undergone a self-inflicted fall from grace. Of course, most of their wounds are self-inflicted, but the fumbling at the worst time of year is a stark reminder of a poorly constructed roster if one considers the team 'championship-caliber.' One of the areas that was previously on stable ground has now shown some pulled roots: goaltending.
Kings Rolling the Dice on Goaltending - A Risky Deadline Decision
Patricia Heaton says 'The Middle,' 'Everybody Loves Raymond' were TV 'perfection' and don't need reboots
Patricia Heaton was a mainstay on television for two decades, thanks to the sitcoms Everybody Loves Raymond and The Middle. Now, the actress has a question for Hollywood: "Where's my reboot?"
Patricia Heaton says 'The Middle,' 'Everybody Loves Raymond' were TV 'perfection' and don't need reboots
Chinese Stock Rally Resumes as Xi Vows Support for Private Firms
(Bloomberg) -- Chinese stocks in Hong Kong gained after a meeting between President Xi Jinping and prominent entrepreneurs signaled Beijing’s endorsement of the private sector.
Chinese Stock Rally Resumes as Xi Vows Support for Private Firms
Denise Richards Reveals the Surprising Way She and Tori Spelling 'Could've Been Step-Sisters'
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty; Steve Granitz/FilmMagic
Denise Richards Reveals the Surprising Way She and Tori Spelling 'Could've Been Step-Sisters'
People Are Blaming Cheap Shampoo For Causing Male Pattern Baldness
It’s a running joke (and arguably a pretty tired one, at this point) that men don’t know how to take care of themselves. Across the internet, you’ll find loads of videos of young women trying to teach their boyfriends the basics of skin care. Commonly, the men have never heard of moisturizer; some don’t even know to wash their faces. Personal care brands famously sell those 3-in-1 (or 4, or 5…) combo products that combine shampoo, conditioner and body wash — presumably because when you’re a man, you don’t have time to use three different products to serve three discrete purposes, I guess. Never mind that shampoo and conditioner aren’t even meant to go on the same parts of your hair. 
People Are Blaming Cheap Shampoo For Causing Male Pattern Baldness
Underrated Senators Defenceman Nikolas Matinpalo Doesn't Deserve Diminished Role In Ottawa
The inclusion of Nikolas Matinpalo for Finland's Four Nations Faceoff entry raised some eyebrows around this city.
Underrated Senators Defenceman Nikolas Matinpalo Doesn't Deserve Diminished Role In Ottawa

Advertisement