トップ > ニュース一覧 > 記事
Nebraska Man Missing for 16 Months Found Dead in Wooded Area About Half a Mile from His Homeン

Nebraska Man Missing for 16 Months Found Dead in Wooded Area About Half a Mile from His Home

"If anybody walked down this path since November 3, 2023, how could you have missed that?" asked Tyler Goodrich's dad after his son's body was found

Facebook Tyler Goodrich

Facebook

Tyler Goodrich

Over a year after he went missing, a Nebraska man was found dead in a wooded area near his home.

On Saturday, March 8, the body of Tyler Goodrich, who had been missing since Nov. 3, 2023, was found by a dog walker in a wooded area about half a mile from his home, according to a Lancaster County Sheriff's Office press conference over the weekend.

Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Ben Houchin, Goodrich was found "about 10 to 15 yards" into the woods, which was "about 967 yards from his residence."

Houchin said that based on the preliminary results of their investigation, Goodrich’s death is not believed to be a homicide. An autopsy and additional forensic testing will provide more information for the investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT

"We are grateful for everybody who have helped us and volunteered in looking for Tyler," the officer said, going on to extend condolences to Goodrich's loved ones.

"No words will ease the grief of the loss of this for the family," he added. "I am glad they get some closure, and all the friends. It was very obvious that he was very loved and cared for."

When reached for comment by PEOPLE, police said that the autopsy was performed on Monday, March 10 but they do not yet have the results.

Facebook Tyler Goodrich

Facebook

Tyler Goodrich

Related: No Evidence That White Van Seen Near Where Oregon Toddler Vanished Is Linked to Disappearance, Officials Say

During the press conference, the officer said it remains unknown if Goodrich's body had been in the same location the entire time, although he said that it had "been there for over a year." The area was previously searched by public volunteers early into the man’s disappearance, he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

Houchin said they have not yet located Goodrich’s personal items, such as his ID card or a cellphone, nor do they know "the exact details" of how the dog walker came across the body.

The sheriff’s office previously released a statement on March 8, shortly after the body was found, saying that based on details at the scene, they had been in contact with Goodrich's family.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up to date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Goodrich’s disappearance was covered in Dateline’s Missing in America series in 2023 and 2024. His husband Marshall Vogel told Dateline via text that the loss of Goodrich is "an unimaginable tragedy," per NBC News.

"Tyler was a husband, a loving father and a friend to so many," Vogel wrote. "We will feel his absence, but his memory will live on."

ADVERTISEMENT

Related: Family Breaks Their Silence About 3 Women Found Dead in Belize Hotel: 'We Ask for Continued Prayers'

Vogel previously told Dateline that the night Goodrich went missing, the pair had gotten into an argument. “I ended up calling 911,” Vogel said. “When I was on the phone with 911, Tyler left out of the garage.”

Investigator Jeremy Schwarz of the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that authorities did respond to a call at their home that night and that they spent over an hour looking for him "in and around the property." He was reported missing the following day.

Related: Remains Found in Colorado National Park Identified as Man, 73, Who Disappeared Over 1 Year Ago

Goodrich’s father Lonnie told KOLN that he still has questions about what happened to his son. "Somebody could have looked right there and seen him," he said. "If anybody walked down this path since November 3, 2023, how could you have missed that?"

Sharing a message for his son, the grieving father added, "I will love you until the day I’m gone. And I will reunite with you in heaven."

Read the original article on People

続きを読む

Advertisement

Advertisement

あなたにおすすめ
Justin Chon & Elijah Bynum Teaming On Sci-Fi Film ‘Capsule’ For 20th Century Studios
Justin Chon & Elijah Bynum Teaming On Sci-Fi Film ‘Capsule’ For 20th Century Studios
EXCLUSIVE: Justin Chon (Blue Bayou) is in talks to direct Capsule, a new sci-fi film for 20th Century Studios.
Travis Kelce has grown up, says Jason Kelce
Travis Kelce has grown up, says Jason Kelce
Travis Kelce is "changing" because of new people in his life. The 35-sports star has been dating singer Taylor Swift since 2023, and Jason Kelce, Travis' older brother, has been staggered by his sibling's personal evolution. Speaking about his brother's growth, Jason said on the 'Fitz and Whit' podcast: "It’s been staggering, honestly." The 37-year-old star recalled Travis having a Peter Pan-like quality during his younger years. Jason said: "One of the things I love so much about Travis is that he never grew up. He was like Peter Pan, the lost boys." Jason acknowledged that the new people in Travis' life have had a healthy influence on him in recent times. The former NFL star said: "I think that sometimes you get people in your life that maybe get that out of you. That’s a good thing." Despite this, Travis has retained a playful side to his personality. Jason explained: "Trav, he is growing up. He’s still got that youthful enthusiasm. I think he’ll kind of always have that. It’s just part of his personality." Meanwhile, Travis recently admitted to feeling inspired by Taylor during her Eras Tour. The Kansas City Chiefs star admitted to taking inspiration from Taylor, 35, and her record-breaking tour. Speaking ahead of the Super Bowl, Travis explained: "What I saw on that tour last year was pretty remarkable. "To see the week-in, week-out travelling from one country to the next and how excruciating it is on her body and on her mind - and it’s not just her. It was her entire tour. It was an absolute machine and it was something I could admire watching." Travis also revealed that he was focusing on his diet ahead of the Super Bowl. He said: "I’ve been eating clean. I haven’t been drinking as much, a little lower on the pounds this week."
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
Analysis-Europe's airlines pivot to bite size M&A deals to limit cost, regulatory burden
By Joanna Plucinska and Andres Gonzalez

Advertisement

Advertisement

Michael Misa Joining Exclusive List And Etching His Name In The OHL's History Books
Michael Misa Joining Exclusive List And Etching His Name In The OHL's History Books
Saginaw Spirit captain Michael Misa has been at the top or leading the OHL in goals and points practically all season. He's showing no signs of slowing down and is on pace to have one of the best seasons by a 17-year-old OHL player.
Denise Richards' Daughters Didn’t Know Dad Charlie Sheen Was Married to Brooke Mueller: 'I Don't Know S---'
Denise Richards' Daughters Didn’t Know Dad Charlie Sheen Was Married to Brooke Mueller: 'I Don't Know S---'
Bruce Glikas/Getty; Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
Selkirk residents weigh impacts on Manitoba steel city on the eve of U.S. tariffs
Selkirk residents weigh impacts on Manitoba steel city on the eve of U.S. tariffs
Some residents of a small, steel-producing city in Manitoba are on edge as the U.S. is yet again poised to impose tariffs on Canadian goods — this time on aluminum and steel.

Advertisement

アクセスランキング
New Zealand Central Bank Governor Orr Unexpectedly Resigns
(Bloomberg) -- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Governor Adrian Orr has unexpectedly resigned without giving a reason for his sudden departure.
New Zealand Central Bank Governor Orr Unexpectedly Resigns
Red Wings Smothered 2–1 by Carolina, Failing Test and Dropping Third Straight in Regulation
DETROIT — After the morning's skate, Red Wings coach Todd McLellan said that Tuesday evening's game would be a test.  "We're gonna get in the classroom and sit down at the desk and take the test and see what the grade is," he said.  "I'd like to think we can pass."
Red Wings Smothered 2–1 by Carolina, Failing Test and Dropping Third Straight in Regulation
Denise Richards Says She Will 'Never Get Divorced' from Husband Aaron Phypers — 'Even if We Hate Each Other'
Denise Richards is in her marriage for the long haul.
Denise Richards Says She Will 'Never Get Divorced' from Husband Aaron Phypers — 'Even if We Hate Each Other'
SkyShowtime Boards Dramedy Series ‘Where the Sun Always Shines’ From ‘Bonus Family’ Creator Felix Herngren (EXCLUSIVE)
SkyShowtime has boarded a new original series, “Where the Sun Always Shines,” created and directed by Felix Herngren, the critically acclaimed Swedish writer-filmmaker behind “Sunny Side,” “Bonus Family” and “The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.”
SkyShowtime Boards Dramedy Series ‘Where the Sun Always Shines’ From ‘Bonus Family’ Creator Felix Herngren (EXCLUSIVE)
Crime tourists: Organized burglary gangs are wintering in Canada and ransacking homes
Crime tourists: Organized burglary gangs are wintering in Canada and ransacking homes
Canada's inflation rate edged down to 1.8% in December as GST break kicked in
Canada's annual inflation rate slowed to 1.8 per cent in December after rising 1.9 per cent in November, as the temporary GST tax break brought down the price of restaurant meals, alcohol and toys. Economists polled by Reuters had expected inflation to remain unchanged at 1.9 per cent last month.
Canada's inflation rate edged down to 1.8% in December as GST break kicked in
Investors react to Trump's address to Congress
(Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump took a victory lap in an address to Congress on Tuesday, drawing catcalls and interruptions from some Democratic lawmakers who held up signs and walked out mid-speech in protest.
Investors react to Trump's address to Congress
Trump slaps Canadian energy exports with 10% tariffs, leaving oilpatch 'deeply disappointed'
United States President Donald Trump followed through with his tariff threat against Canadian energy on Tuesday, reigniting calls from the sector to overhaul the country's regulatory framework to help move new energy projects forward and reach other export markets.
Trump slaps Canadian energy exports with 10% tariffs, leaving oilpatch 'deeply disappointed'
‘Peter Hujar’s Day’ Releases First Look Following Sundance Sale
Following the film’s Sundance premiere and sale to Sideshow and Janus Films, “Peter Hujar’s Day” has released a first look.
‘Peter Hujar’s Day’ Releases First Look Following Sundance Sale
Parti Québécois win byelection, capture Terrebonne riding northeast of Montreal
TERREBONNE, Que. — The Parti Québécois recaptured a longtime stronghold northeast of Montreal, winning the riding of Terrebonne in a byelection Monday.
Parti Québécois win byelection, capture Terrebonne riding northeast of Montreal
Trump backs latest Canada, Mexico tariffs and preps markets for 'a little disturbance' during first address to Congress
Donald Trump stood behind his ambitious tariff plans, lavished praise on Elon Musk's controversial DOGE effort, vowed to end a Biden-era chips subsidy law, and pledged to look for rare earth minerals in the US during a 90-minute joint address to Congress Tuesday night.
Trump backs latest Canada, Mexico tariffs and preps markets for 'a little disturbance' during first address to Congress
DOGE website offers error-filled window into Musk's government overhaul
By Brad Heath and Tim Reid
DOGE website offers error-filled window into Musk's government overhaul
‘The View’ On MAGA Backlash Over Tom Hanks’ ‘SNL50’ ‘Black Jeopardy’ Sketch: “They’re Making Anyone Who Voted For Trump Look Like A Racist”
The View addressed the MAGA backlash over Tom Hanks’ appearance on SNL50: The Anniversary Special on Sunday, when the actor reprised his role of Doug on the sketch “Black Jeopardy.”
‘The View’ On MAGA Backlash Over Tom Hanks’ ‘SNL50’ ‘Black Jeopardy’ Sketch: “They’re Making Anyone Who Voted For Trump Look Like A Racist”
Trump’s second term already more disruptive than his first, Australia’s foreign minister says
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Donald Trump's second presidency is already more disruptive than his first, Australia's foreign minister said on Wednesday, although she held hopes the country might still get an exemption when it comes to tariffs.
Trump’s second term already more disruptive than his first, Australia’s foreign minister says
OnlyFans Model Amouranth Details Shooting at Intruders After Being Pistol Whipped During Home Invasion
x
OnlyFans Model Amouranth Details Shooting at Intruders After Being Pistol Whipped During Home Invasion
Trump officials eye tariff relief for USMCA-compliant products, Lutnick says
By David Shepardson, Jarrett Renshaw and David Lawder
Trump officials eye tariff relief for USMCA-compliant products, Lutnick says
Bruins Legend Surprises Brad Marchand With Awesome Interview
For Feb. 17's matchup between Team Canada and Team Finland, Boston Bruins legendary goalie Tuukka Rask joined the TNT panel, and he helped provide a great moment for fans of the Original Six club.
Bruins Legend Surprises Brad Marchand With Awesome Interview
UK defence minister to meet US counterpart Hegseth on Ukraine peace plan
LONDON (Reuters) - British defence minister John Healey will meet U.S. Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth in Washington on Thursday to discuss a peace plan for Ukraine, Britain's ministry of defence said.
UK defence minister to meet US counterpart Hegseth on Ukraine peace plan
Loblaw CEO vows to minimize tariff impact, as analysts expect grocers to pass costs on to consumers
Analysts expect that Canadian companies would adapt to higher costs of tariffs by hiking prices for consumers, with Loblaw (L.TO) and Dollarama (DOL.TO) best positioned among food and discretionary retailers when it comes to the trade spat. Loblaw's CEO has vowed that the company would take action to minimize the impact of tariffs on consumers.
Loblaw CEO vows to minimize tariff impact, as analysts expect grocers to pass costs on to consumers
Indonesia Forces Exporters to Keep FX Earnings Onshore
(Bloomberg) -- Indonesia is pushing ahead with a plan to force natural resource exporters to keep more foreign exchange earnings onshore in Southeast Asia’s largest economy, aiming to bolster central bank reserves by $80 billion and reverse a slide in the country’s beleaguered currency.
Indonesia Forces Exporters to Keep FX Earnings Onshore

Advertisement